Spruce up your breakfast routine with this brioche toast topped with peaches & cream
Supermarkets stock excellent ripe peaches but coating them in honey and baking until the edges scorch just seems to heighten and intensify all their flavour.
• 2 large peaches or nectarines
• 2 tablespoons runny honey
• 1/2 tablespoon light brown muscovado sugar
• 4 slices brioche
• butter, for spreading
• 2 heaped tablespoons clotted cream
• 1 heaped tablespoon pistachios, roughly chopped
1 Heat the oven to 180°C fan. Cut the peaches into quarters, removing the stone as you do. Place in a shallow baking tin lined with baking parchment.
2 Drizzle with the honey and sprinkle over the sugar. Bake for 15 –20 minutes or until softened and slightly tinged at the edges, then leave to cool a little.
3 Toast the bread then butter generously. Top with the peach quarters and drizzle over their cooking juices.
• Dollop on a spoonful of clotted cream, then scatter over the pistachios.
Recipe extracted from Posh Toast