Christian Turner, The Beaumont hotel’s Executive Chef, shares the secret to his delectable superfood salad
Serves 4 people
For the superfood salad
• 50g Almonds, Flaked and Toasted in the oven
• 4 Avocados Diced
• 100g Mung Bean Sprouts
• 100g Fine French Beans
• Blanched 100g Broccoli, Tender Stem
• Blanched 100g Bulgur Wheat
• Cooked 100g Cabbage, White, very finely shredded/sliced
• 1⁄2 Bunch Chervil 100g Kale, Curly
• Blanched 100g Pickled Radish ( Soak finely sliced pieces in Malt Vinegar for 1 hour)
• 1⁄4 cup Shallots, Deep Fried (can be bought in specialist Asian shops)
• 1⁄4 bunch Tarragon Leaves, Roughly Chopped
For the dressing:
• 1 lemon
• 50 ml Rapeseed Oil
• 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Make the dressing by combining the ingredients and beating together slowly with a fork, until emulsified.
2 Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, except for the avocadoes, almonds and shallots, and add the dressing, mixing gently all together gently.
3 Spoon onto four plates and top each portion with the avocado, almonds and crispy fried shallots.
Recipe courtesy exclusively of The Beaumont’s Executive Chef, Christian Turner