This raw trevally salad with pomegranate is refreshing, simple and speedy. Let the devouring begin
• 500g sashimi-grade trevally, trimmed
• 1 ripe but firm papaya, preferably red, peeled, seeds removed, quartered and cut into thin 2 x 3 cm diamonds
• 1 small pomegranate, seeds removed
• 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, shaved into ribbons using a vegetable peeler, core discarded
• 2 oranges, peeled, pith removed and segmented
• 3 spring onions, cut into julienne and placed in iced water, then drained
• 3 french shallots, thinly sliced
• 2 long red chillies, seeds removed and cut into julienne
• Spring onion and lime dressing
1 Cut the fish into 5 x 15 cm blocks, then thinly slice against the grain.
2 Arrange the fish on plates, scatter over the remaining salad ingredients, drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Peter Kuruvita, extracted from My Feast © Hardie Grant