Certain times call for comfort food – like this cheese-laden flatbread affair
• 1 flatbread or chapati
• 2 tbsp. of crème fraîche
• A handful of grated gruyère cheese with a little extra set aside
• 1 heaped tsp. of wholegrain mustard
• 4 rashers of streaky pancetta
• 2 Clarence Court Burford Brown Eggs
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 Preheat the oven to 200C fan and lay the flatbread on a baking tray.
2 In a small bowl mix the crème fraîche with the gruyère cheese, wholegrain mustard and a pinch of salt. Spread evenly over the flatbreads.
3 Lay the pancetta over the flatbread and crack the eggs in and around the pancetta.
4 Sprinkle with the extra gruyère, some freshly ground black pepper and transfer to the oven, cooking for 8-10 minutes or until the egg white has set and the yolk is still runny.
5 Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Milly Cookbook in partnership with Clarence Court