The beauty of Dale Pinnock’s spinach & sweet potato curry is that not only is it a super-easy dish to make, it is also packed with powerful anti-inflammatory compounds and prebiotic components, too
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 red onions, thinly sliced
• 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon grated root ginger
• 2 green chillies, finely sliced
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
• 1 heaped teaspoon turmeric
• 800g sweet potato, skin-on, chopped
• 375ml vegetable stock
• 150g spinach, coarsely chopped
• large handful coriander leaves, coarsely torn
• 1 tablespoon toasted flaked almonds
• 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
1 Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onions, garlic, ginger and chillies.
2 When the onions have softened, add all the spices and heat until they are becoming fragrant.
3 Add the sweet potato and stock and simmer for 15–20 minutes, until the sweet potato is soft.
4 At this point, add the spinach. Once the spinach has wilted, the curry is ready to serve with coriander leaves, topped with the flaked almonds and sprinkled with the coconut.
Recipe courtesy of Dale Pinnock, extracted from Digestion