Boost your mood with this vitamin-packed dish. A super-filling yet light dinner, filled with lots of B vitamins, selenium, zinc and, of course, the ever-faithful omega 3
• 2 x 400 g cans mixed beans, drained and rinsed
• 6-7 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
• 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons capers, drained and rinsed
• a small bunch parsley, leaves roughly chopped
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• lemon slices, (optional)
• sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper
• 2 mackerel fillets
• 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
1 Tip the beans into a bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion, capers and parsley and squeeze over the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
2 If you want, you can cover the skin side of the fish fillets with lemon slices now, though it makes them tougher to turn in the pan!
3 Lightly fry the mackerel fillets in the oil for five or six minutes, turning frequently, to give you a nice seared fish. Serve with the bean salad.
Recipe courtesy of Dale Pinnock, extracted from Anxiety & Depression