Playing the game – join Michelin-starred Tom Aikens for a special evening of feasting this November
Autumn means colder days, country walks and of course, delicious game dishes. To celebrate Great British Game Week (19 – 25 November) award-winning chef Tom Aikens has partnered with James Purdey and Sons; luxury London gunmakers, for an exclusive game dinner on the 19 November.
Taking place in The Blenheim Suite at Tom’s Kitchen Chelsea, join Tom and a representative from Purdey as they treat guests to a delicious six-course menu that showcases the very best of seasonal British game, all served alongside carefully selected wines.
The carefully chosen menu includes varied selection of game including wild duck, partridge, venison and smoked Yorkshire grouse, all sourced from Celtic Fish & Game.
Here’s the dish on the full menu:
• Champagne & canapes on arrival
• Wild duck consommé, confit duck, cured duck breast, pickled trumpets
• Pressed partridge & foie gras ballotine, sloe gin jelly, savoury granola, apricot puree
• Venison loin carpaccio, beetroot dressing, pickled beets, watercress, hazelnuts
• Smoked Yorkshire grouse breast, fermented parsnip & confit leg gratin, spiced pear, game jus
• Irish Mossfield, Cacklebean honey, oat biscuits
• Chocolate mousse, lime granite, honeycomb, lime jelly, coco nibs, lime, olive oil
Ideal for those looking for an educational eat, in between courses, Jonathan Irby from Purdey will be leading an interesting and insightful discussion with diners about the importance of eating game and Purdey’s contribution to Britain’s historic shooting industry.
Those attending will also have the opportunity to ‘fire away’ and ask questions throughout the course of the evening.
When: 19 November 2018
Where: 27 Cale St, Chelsea, London SW3 3QP
Wallet: £155 per person. To book tickets, click here.