Easy to make, serve these sweet potato and corn fritters piping hot with a sprinkle of lime and a bowl of smashed avocado on the side
• 200g sweet potatoes, grated
• 100g sweetcorn kernels, (fresh or from a tin)
• 1 tablespoon self-raising flour
• 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
• 20g finely grated parmesan cheese
• 1 large egg
• 2 teaspoons aleppo pepper, (or 2 tsp sweet paprika plus a generous pinch of cayenne)
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a 30 x 20 x 5-cm roasting tray with baking parchment.
2 Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Drop 8 equal mounds of the mixture into the prepared roasting tray and flatten them slightly with a fork.
3 Roast for 25 minutes, or until they are starting to crisp up at the edges and can be easily flipped with a spatula. Turn over and roast for a further 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Sue Quinn, extracted from Roasting Tray Magic