Sinking your teeth into watermelon’s sweet, juicy flesh is a refreshing way to cool down. This summery salad is great as a starter or light lunch, and works well with barbecued meats, too
• 500g watermelon flesh, pips removed and cut into cubes or chunks
• 150g feta, queso blanco or other salty fresh white cheese, diced
• 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
• 1/2 lime, juiced
• freshly ground white pepper
• olive oil
• 3 red radishes, very finely sliced
• bunch mint, leaves picked over and stems removed
1 Combine the watermelon, cheese and red onion in a bowl, and toss with the lime juice, white pepper and olive oil.
2 Transfer to a plate, scatter over the radish slices and mint leaves, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rosie Birkett, extracted from A Lot On Her Plate