Bite into the zesty layers of this vegan lime-packed pie
• oil spray, for greasing
For the crust:
• 150g oreo cookies, finely ground
• 3 tablespoons coconut milk
For the filling:
• 150g cashew nuts, soaked in water for 2–4 hours, then drained
• 2 small avocados, peeled and stoned
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
• 100ml agave nectar
• 2 lemons, juiced
• 100ml coconut oil
• 5 limes, juiced, plus the pared zest of 1 for the top (optional)
• slices kiwi fruit, for the top (optional)
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly spray an 18 cm loose-bottomed cake tin with oil spray.
2 In a mixing bowl, combine the ground Oreos and coconut milk. Press the mixture into the bottom of the cake tin. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3 Put all the ingredients except the lime zest and kiwi fruit into a powerful blender.
4 Process until smooth. Then take the cheesecake base from the fridge and ladle in the green filling.
5 Decorate with curls of pared lime zest, or with overlapping layers of kiwi fruit slices, or both. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Kerstin Rodgers, extracted from V is for Vegan