This March, The Game Bird is launching a new guest chef series, welcoming many of the greatest chefs from around the UK to cook in the critically-acclaimed restaurant within The Stafford London
Kicking off the exciting series will be Michael Wignall on Friday 23 March. From a childhood in Lancashire filled with home-cooked food and exciting international flavours from the family’s travels, to a professional career spanning Michelin-starred restaurants around the country, Michael is one of the UK’s most well-regarded chefs.
Pivotal roles have included Pennyhill Park, where he was awarded two Michelin stars for The Latymer, and most recently, Gidleigh Park, where he retained the restaurant’s two Michelin stars. He also became the first chef in the guidebook’s 61-year history to be awarded five AA rosettes in the mid-year presentations.
For his one-off appearance at The Game Bird, Michael will be creating a unique five-course menu, celebrating wonderful British ingredients, presented in new and inventive ways alongside exciting international flavours.
What’s on the menu:
• Torched eel, rillette and consommé, Granny Smith, aerated white chocolate, Oscietra caviar
• Anjou Pigeon, parsnip bark, kale, parsley oil, fermented garlic, spring truffle
• Cod poached in single estate olive oil, cauliflower, scallop and charcoal emulsion, coconut and curry
• Aged West Country duck, black quinoa, charred onion, smoked fresh ricotta, nasturtium
• Hazelnut praline parfait will be served with caramel, bitter chocolate and frozen yoghurt
This events will be followed by further guest chef appearances throughout the year, with names and dates to be confirmed in due course.
Make it happen
Cost: £80pp, to include canapés and the much-celebrated Moët & Chandon on arrival, followed by the guest chef’s menu.
Where: The Stafford London, 16-18 St James’s Place London SW1A 1NJ
Bookings: Phone 020 7518 1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book