Raise a glass at Gidleigh Park this April at the luxurious hotel’s upcoming seven-course wine pairing dinner
Join Gidleigh Park in Devon for a unique evening dedicated to the finest wines this month. Visit to enjoy a seven-course tasting menu created by Executive Chef, Chris Simpson, which will be paired with some wonderful wine producers from the Rhône region chosen by Beverly Tabbron, Master of Wine.
A Master of Wine and buyer for Hallgarten Druitt and Novum, Beverly’s wine career spans nearly 40 years. One of only 370 Masters in the world who have demonstrated the highest knowledge and ability in the art, science and business of wine, Beverly has been focused on Hallgarten’s French portfolio since 2014 and brings a wealth of expertise to this special event.
She will guide guests through her selections, offering insight into their provenance, tasting notes and character perfectly matched to Executive Chef, Chris Simpson’s carefully crafted menu.
The menu includes:
• Smoked mackerel, beetroot and horseradish, Domaine Courbis, Saint Joseph Blanc 2016
• Hand dived Scottish scallop, celeriac & truffle, Domaine de la Solitude, Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc, Cuvee Barberini 2015
• Anjou squab, broad beans, onion & bacon, Domaine de la Solitude, Chateauneuf du Pape, Cuvee Barberini, 2014
• Cornish Turbot, caviar hollandaise, Domaine Georges Vernay, Condrieu Terasses de l’Empire 2015
• Loin of lamb, St Endoc asparagus, green sauce, Domaine Courbis, Cornas “Les Eygats” 2013
• Passion fruit mousse, mango, coconut, lime granite, Domiane De Coyeux, Muscat Beaume de Venise, Cuvee Les Trois Fonts, 2009
Make it happen
When: Tuesday 24th April, 7pm start
Where: Gidleigh Park Hotel, Chagford, Newton Abbot TQ13 8HH
Wallet: £225 per person, click here to make a booking