Packed with omega 3 fatty acids, this smoked salmon, beetroot and minted yoghurt wrap is a wonderful portable lunch. It’s also much lighter – with a lower GI – than your average sandwich
• 2 tablespoons natural live probiotic yogurt
• 6-7 mint leaves, shredded
• 1 small cooked beetroot, chopped, (not in vinegar)
• low-sodium salt
• freshly ground black pepper
• 1 wholemeal tortilla wrap
• 3 slices smoked salmon
• rocket leaves, (optional)
1 You choose how to assemble this; it’s your lunch, after all. You can mix the yogurt, mint and beetroot together in a bowl and season to taste, or you can keep all the elements separate.
2 Place the wrap on a work top and add the salmon, yogurt, mint and beetroot in the centre, with the rocket leaves (if using), then roll it up.
Recipe courtesy of Dale Pinnock, extracted from Heart Disease